Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
My ex-mother-in-law used to make this the morning of all the major holidays when lots of company was coming over. You can easily cut the recipe in half to suit a smaller amount of people ( which is what I usually do when there is not so many of us). This is very yummy, but be warned it is in no way low-fat!!
- 1 dozen egg (Hardboiled and Sliced)
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1 lb sweet sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs (Plain or Seasoned)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- If not already done, hardboil eggs and slice with an egg slicer.
- Next brown and crumble both sausages (you can brown and crumble them together cause the hot and sweet needs to be mixed together for best flavor).
- Then in large mixing bowl combine sour cream, bread crumbs and cheddar cheese, mix together.
- Next grease a 13"x9" baking pan with the 2 tbs of butter.
- Then layer eggs and then sausages and top with the sour cream mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- This may also be layered up the night before and then just popped in the oven in the morning.