Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great breakfast casserole for a crowd.
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large egg yolks, plus
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butter 13x9x2 glass baking dish.
- Remove sausage from casings and sauté over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Add green onion. Drain oil packed tomatoes and add along with 2 tablespoons parsley, stir until mixed well.
- Spread sausage mixture in prepared dish. (At this point you can cover and refrigerate overnight.Continue the next step the following day.).
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks, half and half, whipping cream and mozzarella in a large bowl, blend well.
- Pour over sausage mixture then sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons parsley on top.
- Bake until knife in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I've served this a few times to company for breakfast and everyone just loves it. Thanks for posting it.