Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Casserole
Make and share this Sausage, Egg and Cheese Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook sausage and onion until done; break into small pieces. Drain and set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and mustard into mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish with the butter or margarine.
- Layer the cubed bread, sausage, and 1/2 cup cheese into dish.
- Pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven at 350 for 45 minute.
- This recipe can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated prior to baking.
i love this casserole but i use potatoes on the bottom instead of bread omg so good this is a real winner
Hubby gave this a 4, I rank it a 3. This was good. I cut it down to serve 2 but, added 3 eggs instead of 1 1/2. No 1/2 eggs in my house anyway. :) Use dijon instead of dry mustard. Put the last of the cheese on when the casserole was almost done baking. I love to cook but, have never understood all the breakfast casseroles that call for cubed bread. Kind of creepy, often mushy and adds nothing beneficial in my mind.
Just made this, - the onions, for the fam and we all loved it!!