Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and addictive dip - great for parties! I received this recipe at my bridal shower. Very quick and easy to make, with only 5 ingredients!
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brown and crumble sausage in large skillet, until cooked through.
- Set aside into separate bowl.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Add cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce to mushroom and onions. Stir frequently until cream cheese has melted.
- Stir in the sausage, and heat until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with corn chips (i.e. Fritos).
Loved it! Fast, easy and tasty. When I make it again, and I will, I plan on using it for portabella mushroom stuffing for a side dish, I want to use it as a calzone ingredient and when I want a different kind of pizza I will use this plus some extra cheese like mozzarella-nothing else needed. Made for CQ 2014.