Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute sausage, onion, green pepper, and celery in butter in a large skillet, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Cook on low, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and cook until cheese melts.
Very tasty; wonderful flavor but not too spicy. Quick and easy to make on a weeknight.