2 hrs 45 mins
Kraut, apples, ham, and pork. Recipe for a crowd or cut it in half
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs smoked ham, cubed into 3" pieces
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, browned & drained
- 1 -1 1/2 lb kielbasa, cut into 3" lengths
- 1 package smoked link sausage
- 1 1/2 lbs bratwursts, browned & cut in half
- 2 1/2 cups carrots, baby or quartered
- 10 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 (32 ounce) bags refrigerated sauerkraut
- 5 cups apples, cored and cubed,skin on (preferrably red-type)
- 3 cups water
- 8 cups apple cider
- 2 cups white wine (zinfendal or chardonnay) (optional)
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons oleo
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1You will need a really large pot for this one.
- 2But it serves quite a few people (10-15+) or you can have some great leftovers for the next day.
- 3I made this for my family reunion and they, literally, licked the pot clean!
- 4Brown and cut all meats and set aside.
- 5Using half of the oleo, saute the carrots and bay leaf in you large pot (covered) for about 8 minutes.
- 6Add the onion and saute again until the onions turn clear.
- 7Add the potatoes, water, cider, wine, salt and pepper.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Turn it down to a simmer.
- 10Add the rest of the ingredients (meats and oleo) and simmer for about 2 hours or until carrots and potatoes are done.
- 11Serve with hot rolls and butter, oh so good!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Delight
Serving Size: 1 (679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.7
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 2415.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: