Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Kraut, apples, ham, and pork. Recipe for a crowd or cut it in half
Make and share this Sausage Delight recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs smoked ham, cubed into 3" pieces
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, browned & drained
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, cut into 3" lengths
- 1 package smoked link sausage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bratwursts, browned & cut in half
- 2 1⁄2 cups carrots, baby or quartered
- 10 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 (32 ounce) bagsrefrigerated sauerkraut
- 5 cups apples, cored and cubed,skin on (preferrably red-type)
- 3 cups water
- 8 cups apple cider
- 2 cups white wine (zinfendal or chardonnay) (optional)
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons oleo
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- You will need a really large pot for this one.
- But it serves quite a few people (10-15+) or you can have some great leftovers for the next day.
- I made this for my family reunion and they, literally, licked the pot clean!
- Brown and cut all meats and set aside.
- Using half of the oleo, saute the carrots and bay leaf in you large pot (covered) for about 8 minutes.
- Add the onion and saute again until the onions turn clear.
- Add the potatoes, water, cider, wine, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn it down to a simmer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (meats and oleo) and simmer for about 2 hours or until carrots and potatoes are done.
- Serve with hot rolls and butter, oh so good!