Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can use a variety of different sausage for this, I like to use my butchers best but Italian would be nice or sometimes I use cumberland which is a herby sausage, but I don't think you get that in the USA my kids loved this mind you they still wouldn't eat the veg. The 30g of crisps is one small bag it wouldn't let me put that in for some reason.
- 400 g sausages
- 400 g of mixed beans
- 400 g tomatoes or 400 g chicken soup
- 75 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g , crisps or 30 g potato chips
- salt and pepper
- pre heat the oven to 180c.
- Grill the sausages until brown all over and put in an oven proof dish.
- Heat the beans with the soup and pour over the sausages.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, crushed crisps, sunflower seeds and season.
- Sprinkle this mix on top of the the soup and sausages mixture and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with some nice bread or vegetables, if you kids will eat them.
could you put this in tablespoons and cups?
Why so much sodium in your recipes? Not good for us.
Malcolm love this today for his lunch. You said that any sausages would work, so I used some little boudin noir (black pudding) sausages and some cocktail sausages, we are cleaning out the freezer before travelling back to the UK for 3 weeks! The sausages worked perfectly and the topping was really delicious. I had no sunflower seeds, so I subbed pumpkin seeds and a few sesame seeds, it was great. I made my own bread crumbs from a stale loaf of bread and used low-fat crisps for the topping. This is an easy to make dish and I can see why it would appeal to children! Made for PAC Spring 2010 and a nice little store-cupboard recipe thanks. FT:-)