Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Good Food Magazine, March 1986. With only a few ingredients, this makes a nice appetizer or first course.
- Saute sausage in medium skillet over medium-high heat until meat starts to render fat, about 5 minutes. Break up sausage with back of wooden spoon. Stir in leeks and thyme and reduce heat to medium. Cook covered until leeks are golden and soft, about 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on ungreased baking sheet. Spread half the sausage mixture lengthwise over half of pastry, leaving 2-inch border at long edge. Beat egg and milk lightly together and brush over 2-inch border with fingertips. Trim border with sharp knife. Brush top with egg wash. Cut slits in top 1/2 inch apart and parallel to short edges.
- Repeat step 3 with second sheet pastry and remaining sausage mixture.
- Bake until lightly browned and puffed, about 20 minutes. Cut into 1-inch slices and serve hot.
Very nice appy that I could get away with serving as a light dinner...I made 1/2 the recipe and served it with a side salad. Only a few ingredients but a nice flavor. Made for Newest Zaar.