Recipe by breezermom
This is a tastey breakfast casserole that can be done in under an hour! You can make it spicy or mild depending on which cheese you decide to use. Or you can mix them and choose the middle ground. For kids, I usually have to choose the mozzarella though. For adults, I sometimes add some green chiles or a seeded jalepeno, chopped very fine. But I really like heat. I also sometimes increase the garlic!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Now that the weather is nicer, we seem to be getting more & more overnight company, & I was actually able to fix this for 6 of us the other morning! I took to heart some of the suggestions when making this VERY, VERY TASTY BREAKFAST & used 2 large cloves of garlic, added some green chiles, left out the cayenne pepper, & did do a sausage combo ~ half mild & half sweet Italian sausage! Thanks for a great new breakfast recipe keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
- 680.38 g pork sausage, mild or 680.38 g hot pork sausage, your preference
- 226.79 g can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 631.69 ml mozzarella cheese or 631.69 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml milk
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and garlic in a skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain grease from skillet.
- Place crescent roll dough in the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking dish; press perforations and seams to seal together. Sprinkle sausage, garlic and cheese over dough.
- Combine eggs and remaining ingredients; pour over mixture in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.