Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe may be frozen after crepes are filled, and enjoyed for days.
Make and share this Sausage Crepes recipe from Food.com.
- Crepes Batter:Combine eggs, milk and oil in bowl. Add flour and salt, beating well until smooth. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into greased 9-inch skillet. Tilt. Cook on one side and invert onto plate. Repeat to make 20 crepes.
- Place 2 tablespoons sausage filling down center of each crepe and roll up. Layer rolled crepes in large bsaking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, covered. Spoon topping over crepes and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.
- Sausage Filling:Remove casing and crumble in skillet.
- Add onion and cook until done. Drain and add cheese and cream cheese, stirring until melted and ingredients are well blended.
- Topping: Mix butter and sour cream together.
These are by FAR the best crepes that I have ever tasted! I made a very large batch for a brunch that I was hosting and ended up freezing several dozen which kept for months. I was concerned about adding velvet a cheese into the mixture because of the strong taste but the end result was a moist mixture with smooth consistency. 2 crepes per person was more than enough because the combination of the crepes with the sauce is very rich. Do yourself a favor and make extra crepes to freeze. Once thawed, they can be easily microwaved and will retain the original moisture and flavor. Don't bother to save the sauce as you can make the sauce fresh each time in minutes. This is a simple recipe that will impress everyone.
YUMMY!! My neighbor growing up used to make this for neighborhood brunches. The sausage filling had 1/2 lb finely chopped mushrooms and only 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese but other than that the recipe is identical. You can freeze the stuffed crepes.