Recipe by Konnie
Recipe may be frozen after crepes are filled, and enjoyed for days.
Top Review by Jules R.
All I can say is WOW! Hard to find a good savory crepe recipe and this one is to die for! Takes a bit of time to make the crepes but freezing the leftover crepe shells worked well. Perfect for a special occasion brunch.
- 6 beaten eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
For SAUSAGE FILLING
- 2 lbs bulk hot smoked sausage
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded processed cheese
- 2 packages cream cheese (3 oz.)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup melted and cooled butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Crepes Batter:Combine eggs, milk and oil in bowl. Add flour and salt, beating well until smooth. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into greased 9-inch skillet. Tilt. Cook on one side and invert onto plate. Repeat to make 20 crepes.
- Place 2 tablespoons sausage filling down center of each crepe and roll up. Layer rolled crepes in large bsaking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, covered. Spoon topping over crepes and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.
- Sausage Filling:Remove casing and crumble in skillet.
- Add onion and cook until done. Drain and add cheese and cream cheese, stirring until melted and ingredients are well blended.
- Topping: Mix butter and sour cream together.