Recipe by poo's food
i've had this recipe for years.these are pretty easy,and quick once you get going.
Top Review by woodland hues
I chose this recipe to serve on Shrove Tuesday earlier this month, and we enjoyed it very much. A few things I changed: I caramelized the onions, used cheddar cheese that I shredded in place of Velveeta, 1/2 lb sausage instead of 1 lb., and I added 1/2 packet of frozen spinach, thawed. I didn't quite get my head around heating only on side of the crepe and did give each a flip in the skillet, and I didn't melt the cheese, rather added each ingredient separately onto the crepes and rolled them up. I also didn't get the chill part, so I didn't chill but popped them into the oven right away and baked about 20 minutes at 375F. I didn't bake uncovered either, but added sour cream at the table. I came up with about 10 large crepes, as opposed to 20 smaller ones. These were very tasty, and I'm glad I had this recipe as my guideline.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb sausage, bob evens
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- beat eggs and remaining ingredients until smooth.
- 2 tbls batter into greased pan skillet.
- heat very quickly on one side only.
- place on paper towel then wax paper between.
- fry sausage and onion.
- add remaining ingredients mix until cheese is melted.
- put 2 tbls.
- sausage filling on each crepe.
- roll up place in baking dish cover and chill bake covered at 375 40 minutes top with 1/2 cup sour cream.
- bake uncovered 5 minutes.