Recipe by Moe! Larry! Cheese!
These wontons have a great taste; almost like sausage gravy. I got this recipe from cooks.com and adapted it to my tastes. Cooking times and servings are just estimates.
Top Review by 472419
fan-freaking-tastic. only substitutions i made was using Gimme Lean (fake sausage meat) and using fresh garlic and caramelized onion (because who doesnt love those). great recipe, the A1 was perfect to go with the sausage and cream cheese.
- 1 lb pork sausage (mild or hot)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces wonton wrappers (1 pkg)
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain sausage.
- Add cream cheese, A1 Steak Sauce and garlic powder, mix well.
- Chill mixture until cream cheese becomes cool.
- Put 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons of mixture onto the center of a wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edges of wonton with water.
- Fold wonton over to form a triangle and seal edges.
- Fold all three corners over to form what looks like a envelope; seal corners together with water.
- Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.
- Chill wontons in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Deep fry or pan fry; only takes about 15 seconds or less per side.