Recipe by asfamily
This is a dip from a friend of mine--very tasty, different, and it is better if served warm. I use a crock pot to take it on the go.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This tasted great but the combination just didn't seem right. The only thing you could taste was the sausage. After tasting I added another 8 oz package of cream cheese and another can of Rotel and the sausage still overpowered the recipe. Loved the zip the rotel gave this. May try adding some additional flavored cheese next time. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2007
- 1 (1 lb) Jimmy Dean sausage (Bulk)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- milk (as needed) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry sausage in skillet let it crumble, make sure they are all small pieces. Drain grease.
- Cut cream cheese in small chunks place in frying pan and let melt while stirring occasionally.
- Do not have your stove too high let it cook slowly.
- Add can of tomatoes, let all ingredients blend together while stirring occasionally.
- Use milk if it seems to thick.
- Serve with cracker or chips for dipping. We like the small bite size tortilla chips.