- 1 (12 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix or 1 recipe cornbread
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, removed from casing
- 1 cup chicken broth, enough to moisten
- 1 cup toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and celery in butter, set aside.
- Saute sausage meat until browned, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix veggies and sausage in large bowl.
- Add cornbread, broth, thyme, salt and pepper, and toasted pecans. Bake 30 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered.