Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family's favorite- great with gravy too.
- 1 (12 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix or 1 recipe cornbread
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, removed from casing
- 1 cup chicken broth, enough to moisten
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- Saute onions and celery in butter, set aside.
- Saute sausage meat until browned, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix veggies and sausage in large bowl.
- Add cornbread, broth, thyme, salt and pepper, and toasted pecans. Bake 30 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered.
Yummy, We love cornbread dressing, the Sausage and Toasted Pecans is a very tasty addition, Served it with my recipe for porksteak. The gravy was great with the dressing. Thank you Chia, for another great recipe.
This was so good! My brother couldn't stop eating it. It was so very simple to make, yet it tasted like it took all day to make! The blend of dry to liquid ingredients was perfect! I did add just a couple shakes of dried sage along with the thyme, but other than that, followed the recipe to a "T." I used a package of Stove Top cornbread stuffing mix in mine. Thanks Chia! This is a new family favorite.
Made this for Thanksgiving and it was terrific. Will without a doubt make it again. Thanks for sharing.