Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious recipe is a breeze to throw together. Quick enough to serve at lunch. Add a salad and some garlic bread and it is a hearty dinner. It is actually a prize-winning recipe from Quick Cooking Magazine.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through.