1/1 Photo of Sausage Cooked in White Wine
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This exquisite sauce is not hard to make, but what it does to the lowly sausage link is hard to believe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the sausage slowly in skillet, pricking skins first to prevent burning. Remove and drain on paper towels; discard the fat in the pan.
- 2Melt the butter in the same pan; add the chives and the flour.
- 3Cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, add thyme, bay leaf, marjoram, and wine, stirring to blend well. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Return the sausage to the skillet and heat in sauce until sauce thickens.
- 5Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- 6Serve with mashed potatoes, omelet, or popovers.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Cooked in White Wine
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.2
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 120.6 mg
- Sodium 800.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 22.9 g