Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This exquisite sauce is not hard to make, but what it does to the lowly sausage link is hard to believe.
- 2 lbs of fresh link sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 cups white wine, unsalted
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the sausage slowly in skillet, pricking skins first to prevent burning. Remove and drain on paper towels; discard the fat in the pan.
- Melt the butter in the same pan; add the chives and the flour.
- Cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, add thyme, bay leaf, marjoram, and wine, stirring to blend well. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Return the sausage to the skillet and heat in sauce until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, omelet, or popovers.