Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This appetizer can be as made hot as you like it by adjusting the number of peppers. I have never taken it anywhere without being asked for the recipe. I serve it in a small crock pot to keep it warm. This makes a large amount and it freezes well. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes with seasonings (regular diced would work)
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 5 jalapeno peppers (chopped small)
- 2 cups hot salsa
- tortilla chips (for dipping)
- Brown ground beef, sausage meat and onion.
- Drain fat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the tortilla chips).
- Simmer until the cheese melts.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
OMG so good... and pretty easy. I halved the recipe since their are only 2 of us and even at that there is alot of dip. I was a bit concerned about the mushroom soup but I tasted it before and after - definately better after adding it. Thanks for a great afternoon snack.
This recipe is pretty easy and is quite good. We cut this recipe in half and still have enough to freeze. Switching from Velveeta to Queso Fresco as the cheese was also a big win.
I made this recipe and put it in the crockpot for my husband to take to his office for a Halloween potluck. He just had to turn it on and heat on low for 2 hours, stirring after one hour. Well, I never got to taste it , but he said it was a hit and he got asked for the recipe multiple times. It does make a ton and I like that. Thanks GaylaV for a great recipe!