Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
a twist on chili
- 2 1⁄2 cups homemade tomato sauce
- 3 cups bell peppers, diced
- 2 links turkey sausage, sliced in medallions
- 2 1⁄3 cups beans
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup puffed amaranth, seasoned to taste with
- salt (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- garlic powder (optional)
- Combine sauce, vegetables and sausage.
- Boil and simmer until desired consistency is reached. This can be made before hand, like any chili or stew recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375F, and pour into baking dish.
- Top with amaranth, bake for about 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- let cool slightly to thicken and serve.
- *i always keep some amaranth seasoned in a ziploc and in the pantry for quick, seasoned breadcrumbs. This batch was seasoned with: salt, paprika, garlic powder. for legumes, i use a dried bean mix that i re-cook of about 7 different beans.