Recipe by Geneva Handleman
started with a basic recipe from the back of a sausage package, and over the years we have altered it until we got this version. Everyone loves it!!
- 2 packages regular flavor pork sausage (works well with deer sausage or one package reg and one hot)
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 2 alarm chili seasoning mix (everything except the Masa)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, cook sausage and onions over medium high heat, stirring frequently until meat is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you are in a hurry and don't want to wait for it to thicken up, use the Masa from the 2 Alarm box.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes 6-8 servings.