Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very popular appetizer for pot-lucks or family gatherings. Easy and delicious.
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- Combine biscuit mix, milk, and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise; stir well.
- Spread mixture in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish; set aside.
- Cook sausage and onion in a skillet until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat.
- Drain well.
- Layer sausage mixture over biscuit mixture.
- Combine 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, egg, cheese, and chiles; spread over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares.