Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great breakfast/brunch dish. From Cooking Light.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces 50% -less-fat pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 7 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, partially thawed
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat; cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble sausage.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water, tomato paste, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a large bowl. Add potatoes and mozzarella; toss well.
- Spoon potato mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wipe pan dry with a paper towel. Place pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray. Add tomatoes to pan; cook 3 minutes or just until heated.
- Arrange tomatoes in an even layer over potato mixture. Drizzle with broth; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle evenly with basil and Parmesan. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until lightly browned.