Recipe by Chef Lulu13
My granny makes this for us for breakfast. We eat it with canned peaches. I have served this for "breakfast for dinner night" many times. DH loves it!
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble sausage into skillet and brown over medium heat until no longer pink.
- While sausage is cooking, cut cheese into small pieces, to aid in melting.
- Add cheese to browned sausage in skillet and heat until cheese is melted, stirring to mix.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut bread slices into quarters. Pile sausage and cheese onto each piece.
- Place bread on rimmed baking sheets. Bake 3 to 7 minutes, until bread is toasted.
- I like to serve with a can of peaches in light syrup on the side.