Southern Living; see note for OAMC instructions
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sausage, green onions, and green pepper in a skillet.
- 2Cook over medium heat until sausage is browned; drain excess fat.
- 3Combine flour, cornmeal, soda, salt, and red pepper.
- 4Combine egg and buttermilk.
- 5Add buttermilk mixture, sausage mixture, and cheese to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 6Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 28-30 minutes or until golden.
- 8Note: OAMC instructions--To Freeze: Freeze wrapped individually in plastic wrap, then put in ziplock.
- 9To Reheat: Microwave 10-20 seconds or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Cheese Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.0 mg
- Sodium 274.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.5 g