Recipe by Leslie in Texas
These muffins are a great way to start off your day! Six ingredients give these muffins big flavor with little work. Originally from a November 2006 issue of Southern Living.Liven these up by using the spicey version of pork sausage.
Top Review by PamperedP
Something was wrong. The mix came out very soupy and never cooked completely even though I cooked them for over half an hour. It was like there was too much water or something. I've fixed a recipe similar to this from Southern Living and it turned out great. I thought this was the recipe. I will try again another time and see what happens. Maybe it was chef error.
- 1 (1 lb) package pork sausage, ground
- 3 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well and cool.( I like to drain it in a colander and run hot water over it to degrease it more).
- Combine sausage,baking mix,green onions and shredded cheese in a large bowl, make a well in the center of mixture.
- Stir together the soup and 3/4 cup water; add to sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling to top of cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.