Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is great for everything from bake sales to potluck to food gifts, of just plain good for any meal.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- In a bowl, combine soup, milk, sage, and sausage.
- Stir in the biscuit mix just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature or regular muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake until melted if desired.
Wow, now these are filling and soooo rich. I think I may try only using 1/2 can of cheddar cheese soup next time I make these. I used the Bisquick Clone Bisquick Clone when making these.
Delicious muffins!!! Nicole is right - they are great for everything. Very easy to make. I made them "light" by making the following substitutions: 1 lb 50% reduced fat Jimmy Dean Sausage for bulk sausage; 1 can 99% fat free Cream of Mushroom soup and 1/2 Cup reduced fat cheddar cheese mixed for cheddar cheese soup; 1/2 Cup skim milk for milk; 3 Cups Reduced Fat Bisquick for Bisquick. I am freezing the left overs to serve with fruit for a quick breakfast.
I guess I was a bit disappointed in the outcome of my muffins. They seemed more like "biscuit" texture, like they were missing something. I kept looking at the recipe, checking to see if I forgot to add something, but I didn't. I don't think we will try these again, but thank you so much for posting and giving us something new to try!!!