Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great eye-opener for 2. An easy, night-before fix for breakfast! This recipe clipped from the November 2006 issue of Southern Living magazine.
- 1 cup white bread, cubed (about 2 slices)
- 1⁄4 cup hot pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook sausage, cool then crumble into small bits.
- Layer cubed bread, sausage and cheese evently into two greased 8 ounce ramekins or individual souffle dishes.
- Whisk eggs and the next 5 ingredients together.
- Pour egg/milk mixture evenly over cheese in the ramekins.
- Cover chill for 8 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.