Recipe by PatsyAnnie
This is our favorite brunch casserole. I even won a local cooking contest with it!
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned croutons
- 1 lb brown and serve sausage, browned and cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greased 9 X 13 inch casserole, place the croutons.
- Sprinkle the onion flakes over the croutons.
- Place the pieces of sausage on top of the croutons.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the shredded cheese on top of the sausage.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the 2 and 1/2 cups of milk.
- Pour over the casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before baking, combine the soup and 1/4 cup of milk.
- Spread over the casserole.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 90 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- I have substituted different flavors of creamed soups.
- You can also substitute part or all of the sausage with cubed ham.
- Also very good!