Recipe by Vicki in CT
Super easy and delicious recipe using muffin tins. From Some Like it Hot. Sometimes I cannot find the 10 count flaky biscuits. Last time I made them I used Grands Flaky biscuits (8 count) and could only divide into two layers. I added an extra ten minutes to the bake time.
Top Review by Z,G,L's mom
Made these for Dh a quick breakfast. He leaves for work @3:00a.m. and I don't like to get up and cook. So, I did not have menterey jack,used mozzarella. Didn't use hot sausage, and didn't have parmesean cheese. I only got 24 out of this because I had used the store brand biscuits and I assume they aren't as good. Even with these changes they were great!Will make often and freeze!!
- 1 (10 count) package ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits (must use flaky variety, one can of ten biscuits)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 lb pork sausage, raw (Jimmy Deen hot preferred)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray Pam in muffin tins, or lightly grease.
- Divide each biscuit, BY LAYERS, into three parts. Place each third into a muffin cup.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Place one tablespoon of mixture into each biscuit lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Freezes well. After freezing, thaw, cover with aluminum foil and warm in a slow oven.