Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I ran across this recipe in the December edition of Better Homes and Gardens. I was in my dentists office and the recipe sounded soooo yummy that I actually tore the page out! (shhhhh don't tell anyone)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Form into 1 inch balls (This is where you would freeze them for later use).
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For a firmer texture, increase the baking mix by 3 cups and the cheese by 2 cups.
I used 6 cups of cheese, 20 oz (small box) of Bisquik, and I didn't use the celery (personal preference). It wasn't difficult to make, although I think it should be noted that you need to let the sausage sit out to soften quite a bit to make it easier to mix. I made them for my office and everyone LOVED them! I think next time I'll switch it up some by using the Jimmy Dean sausage with sage and the hot sausage. Also, I made the balls a bit smaller (but still a mouthful) and it made approx. 10 dozen.
I have used this recipe several times and I always have good results. They are wonderful! Just make sure you use Jimmy Dean sausage-for some reason, they just do better if you do.
I made these exactly as written and they were terrific! Very easy to make. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside with lots of flavor. I can see using ground beef and adding various herbs and spices for interesting variations.