Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are a little more moist than the standard sausage ball recipe. Use whatever flavor of 'cream of' soup you like. I generally use cream of mushroom, but cream of celery or chicken is also good.
- 453.59 g package ground sausage (spicy, if you prefer a little kick)
- 709.77 ml baking mix, such as Bisquick
- 473.18 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 152.52 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.25 ml of salt-free italian seasoning (optional)
- 0.25 ml garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Using a heavy-duty stand mixer with a dough hook (or your hands), mix the raw sausage and cheese together, then add the cream of mushroom soup. Add the garlic powder and Italian seasoning, then gradually add the biscuit mix until all is thoroughly combined.
- Shape into small balls about the size of a walnut, and place on baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes, then remove and cool on a rack.
- You can also freeze these, either after they're cooked or (the way I prefer to do it) after you shape them and put them on the pan. I put them into the freezer for a couple of hours right on the baking sheets, then take them out and put them in a zip-top bag. Then I can take out a few at night, thaw them in the fridge, and pop them into the oven the next morning for a quick breakfast.
I usually have horrible luck making things like this, they come out too dry. So I was very excited when I saw the ingredients for this recipe, and they were perfect! The cream soup helped keep them moist and tasty. Thanks alana! Made for PAC 2012