Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are great as an appetizer! Someone brought these to a pot luck and everyone couldn't get over how good they were! You can serve them with chili or BBQ sauce or they are just as delicious plain.
- 3 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 lb pork sausage (we use Bob Evans)
- 4 cups shredded cheese (16 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease bottom & sides of Jelly Roll pan (15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 2 x 1-inch).
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Place in pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve with sauce--BBQ or chili (they are great served plain as well).
- Makes 30-40 balls.
I used venison sausage in place of the pork sausage and everyone loved it. I will definately make this again!
The taste was a bit off
These were very easy to make, but we just didn't think they tasted very good. I never had these before and I was very curious to try them. I used this recipe after looking at quite a few different similar ones and this one looked like it would have more tatse and not so plain and I cant say that it had much flavor or had a good tatse, and I was suprised after reading so many recipe reviews praising these. Not wanting to give up on this recipe I even added some different ingredients like barbeque sauce, then I tried some with garlic powder and some with onion powder and nothing made these taste very good. Just not my cup of tea I guess.