Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple breakfast or brunch food that only requires three ingredients. Tastes just as good with turkey sausage instead of pork.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Shred cheese.
- Let cheese and sausage come to room temperature. You can rush this step in the microwave but take care not to melt the cheese or cook the sausage.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl. This is easiest done adding ingredients a third at a time and mixing with your hands. If you notice the mixture getting too crumbly and not sticking together, reduce the amount of all purpose baking mix when adding the last third.
- Form into balls about a quarter size in diameter. If they are larger this is fine, they will just need to cook longer.
- Place as many balls as possible on an ungreased cookie sheet leaving just enough space between so they are not touching.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Adjust cooking time as necessary for the size of the balls formed.
- Great served warm or at room temperature. They reheat great in the microwave.
My husband actually tried to hide them so he could have them to himself. I couldn't "roll" the sausage so I cut it into pieces, cut the center, stuffed them with cheese and rolled them in baking mix. They were a hit!
These were very tasty! I think I will bake them a little slower next time at 375 degrees for 15 minutes to keep the cheese soft and not get too crunchy. I made these small, a bit larger than a quarter and it made about 40 balls. Made these for Fall Pick a Chef '08. Thanks for breakfast!
A family favorite!