Simply Sarah's Note:
A simple breakfast or brunch food that only requires three ingredients. Tastes just as good with turkey sausage instead of pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Shred cheese.
- 3Let cheese and sausage come to room temperature. You can rush this step in the microwave but take care not to melt the cheese or cook the sausage.
- 4Combine ingredients in a bowl. This is easiest done adding ingredients a third at a time and mixing with your hands. If you notice the mixture getting too crumbly and not sticking together, reduce the amount of all purpose baking mix when adding the last third.
- 5Form into balls about a quarter size in diameter. If they are larger this is fine, they will just need to cook longer.
- 6Place as many balls as possible on an ungreased cookie sheet leaving just enough space between so they are not touching.
- 7Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Adjust cooking time as necessary for the size of the balls formed.
- 8Great served warm or at room temperature. They reheat great in the microwave.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Cheese Ball Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.0
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.1 mg
- Sodium 1067.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 21.2 g