Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 12 cups seasoned croutons
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, Grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Place croutons on bottom of greased casserole, top with 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Brown and drain sausage, put on top of cheese.
- Beat eggs with milk and seasonings, pour over top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Next Day:
- Dilute soup with 1/2 cup milk.
- Pour over and spread remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- Bake at 300 F. for 1 1/2 hours.
*Made for BB's Cookathon in Memory of Ed*. Comfort Food to the MAXX ! Made just 1/2 recipe, and filled 9x9 Corningware casserole. Used Italian sausage and sharp cheddar -- yum-yum good ! This will be on the schedule for the grandkiids visit. Thanks for posting, Beachie.
Delicious. I used a Vermont extra sharp cheddar and Croutons for the crouton base. :)