Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Every year they have a Breakfast with Santa at the school where I teach. Everyone brings this casserole, which is absolutely wonderful.
- 1 lb sausage, browned and drained
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 6 slices bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 7 x 11-inch pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes, or until done in the center.
This is just about the exact recipe that my family has used for years. Works great for holiday meals (i.e. christmas breakfast). I usually use either sage or maple flavored sausage. The cheese can also be interchanged with other flavors and I tend to be a tad liberally with the amount I use. ;-) I'll also add some chopped onions (or dehydrated onions if I am "cheating") and some fresh ground black pepper. These slight adjustments certainly take care of the earlier comment regarding the flavor. Highly recommend trying this!
Not thrilled about this one. Not enough kick.