Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have also made this recipe with 1 box of frozen chopped spinach. We enjoy it both ways.
- 6 Italian sausages, casing removed (pork or turkey)
- 1 lb pasta shells, cooked as directed on package and drained.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- Saute sausage, breaking into small pieces.
- Remove from pan.
- Pour off excess grease.
- Cut rabe into bite size pieces and saute in olive oil.
- Add garlic and saute another minute or two.
- Add chicken broth and simmer until rabe is tender.
- Add butter and cooked sausage to pan.
- Stir until butter is melted.
- Pour over cooked shells.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
This is My FAVORITE Recipe to use Brocolli Rabe, I never even had it before I startedd dating by boyfriend 5 years ago and he asked me to make him Broccoli Rabe and I came across this recipe in I think cooking Light and now I make it all the time. It's quick, easy and delicious!