Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar. I hope to give it a try soon and make changes if needed.
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 1⁄2 lb dried cavatelli (other small pasta is fine)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- parmesan cheese
- To cook sausage, squeeze from casings and saute in a heavy skillet or cast iron frying pan.
- Stir until no longer pink and sausage has broken down into small chunks.
- Remove with slotted spoon leaving juices in pan.
- Cut broccoli into 1 inch pieces and saute in juices or drippings.
- Stir gently til it begins to brown.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Add broth and raisins and simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Do not over cook.
- Finally, add butter and stir to melt.
- Add, with sausage, to cooked cavatelli pasta and serve with parmesan cheese.
Pretty quick and easy to make. I liked the raisins but my husband just didn't get the point of them in the dish. A nice weeknight meal.
My kids really liked this one! I loved the raisins. It gave it a special flavor. I used Dreamfields Elbows as the pasta. I served with a tossed salad and fresh baked french bread. I took a picture. I will post soon!
Dh isn't fond of raisins so I used dried cranberries and it was a hit. Love a meal in a skillet plus pasta.I used olive oil rather than butter.