Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
My DH's grandmother used to use this for Christmas morning.
- 6 slices bread, cut off crust if desired
- 2 lbs sausage (1 hot and 1 regular)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp longhorn cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter bread lightly.
- Place bread into 13x9x2" baking dish, butter side up, set aside. Cook and drain sausage, crumble. Spoon over bread.
- Sprinkle cheese over sausage. Combine eggs, half and half, and salt. Mix well and pour over cheese. Chill overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 35 minute.
This was sooo good!! We had it for dinner tonight. I put it together this morning and let it sit in the refrigerator all day. I used 2 lbs of mild sausage and a mixture of cheddar and monterey-jack cheese. It turned out great. I did have to cook it for about 55 minutes to make sure the egg was done to my liking. Thanks for a great recipe!
I threw this together last night and we had it this morning. It was GOOO-OOOD!!! The kids liked it too. Since it was just the three of us I 1/2 it. Turned out great. Thanks!
My husband and sons loved this dish. I used a mix of breakfast sausage links, and turkey polish sausage. I am trying to cut back on calories, so I used skim milk in place of the half and half. I made this and then popped it right into the oven. It turned out great. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for the recipe.