Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy, very good quick solution for lunch or dinner.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Jimmy Dean sausage or 1 (16 ounce) packageother type sausage
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Slice the sausage and partially cook to eliminate fat, drain.
- Cut the potato in half and boil, drain, and slice.
- Slice onion thinly and dry fry to soften and eliminate the "bite" that often accompanies fresh onion.
- Place sausage rounds in a baking dish.
- Place a layer of sliced potatoes over the sausage.
- Add the onion rings over the potatoes.
- Continue to layer.
- Pour undiluted soup or tomato sauce over this mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for twenty minutes, remove cover and let brown.
Very-easy-to-make fast supper. I added baby carrots to this recipe without any problems. I think this recipe can very easily be classified as end-of-the-week meal since it uses things staples that are usually on hand.
Found the cooking time to be off. Mine had to stay in the oven for at least 30 minutes. Ok flavour.
You said it! Very easy and very delicious. I believe I will use a differant potato next time. My Yukon Golds were a bit dry for me in this dish. I used the soup suggestion. :)