Recipe by Stella Mae
Very easy, very good quick solution for lunch or dinner.
Top Review by ellie_
Very-easy-to-make fast supper. I added baby carrots to this recipe without any problems. I think this recipe can very easily be classified as end-of-the-week meal since it uses things staples that are usually on hand.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Jimmy Dean sausage or 1 (16 ounce) packageother type sausage
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the sausage and partially cook to eliminate fat, drain.
- Cut the potato in half and boil, drain, and slice.
- Slice onion thinly and dry fry to soften and eliminate the "bite" that often accompanies fresh onion.
- Place sausage rounds in a baking dish.
- Place a layer of sliced potatoes over the sausage.
- Add the onion rings over the potatoes.
- Continue to layer.
- Pour undiluted soup or tomato sauce over this mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for twenty minutes, remove cover and let brown.