Recipe by Dianne03
This is so easy to put together. Sometimes I halve the ingredients and use an 8x8 dish. It can be made the night before and popped into the oven the next morning. (I let it sit out 30 minutes before baking).
- 6 slices bread
- 2 lbs bulk sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 16 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear bread into small pieces and put into lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Cook and crumble sausage.
- Drain sausage and place over bread.
- Layer mushrooms and then grated cheese evenly over sausage.
- Beat eggs,add light cream and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for 30 to 45 minutes.