Recipe by Darlene10
This is in response to a request for a recipe using brown and serve sausages. We enjoy having this casserole once or twice a year. We're not large casserole fans but this one is tasty. I got the recipe from my sister.
Directions See How It's Made
- The amounts of the ingredients required will depend on the size of casserole you want to make.
- Brown sausages.
- Lightly butter casserole dish.
- Peel potatoes and carrots and slice.
- In casserole dish put layer of potatoes, carrots and a bit of chopped onion.
- I use a fair bit of onion as I am an onion fan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a few peas on top and a few spoonfuls of uncooked rice.
- Put some sauages on top.
- Repeat procedure to desired quantity.
- Put a little water in fry pan where sausages were browned and heat for a few minutes scraping the drippings from the pan and pour over casserole.
- Pour tomato juice over the casserole and bake in 350° oven.
- Bake small casserole for 1 1/2 hours or 2 hours for a larger casserole.
- Check after an hour of cooking as there should be some liquid remaining.