Recipe by **Mandy**
Found this in Sfi, add some mixed vegies for an even more substantial meal, great comfort food.
- 1 kg desiree potato, peeled, roughly chopped
- 40 g butter, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 750 g pork or 750 g beef chipolata sausages
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 35 g French onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Return to pan. Add butter, milk and salt and pepper. Mash until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add sausages and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until browned. Whisk tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soupmix, flour and 3/4 cup water in a jug. Stir into sausage mixture and bring to the boil.
- Spoon sausage mixture into an 8-cup capacity casserole. Top with potato. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is golden. Serve.