Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
from a Hebridean cookbook
- 2 onions
- salt and pepper
- 3 cooking apples
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 tomatoes, skinned
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 pinch mixed herbs
- Slice onions and place in a greased baking dish.
- Dust with salt and pepper.
- Core apples and slice into rings, and lay on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Slice tomatoes and lay on top of the onions.
- Dust with salt and pepper and mixed herbs.
- Prick sausages and lay on top.
- Bake 350 for 20 minutes, turning the sausages halfway through cooking.
- Drain fat and serve hot with mashed potatoes.
Really tasty hearty meal enjoyed by the whole family - if using frozen sausages allow twice as long for the cooking time!