Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another delicious pasta dish.
- 1 lb hot sausage or 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices pancetta, chopped (can substitute bacon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb linguine
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- Using a sharp knife, slit sausage casing and remove meat.
- With wet hands, form meat into 3/4-inch meatballs.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute meatballs until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add pancetta, salt, pepper and cook 3-4 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In large bowl, combine egg yolks, cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, parsley and lemon zest.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Immediately toss pasta with egg mixture in the pasta pot; add sausage meatballs.
- Note: The sauce should be smooth and silky.
- If pasta becomes a bit sticky, add some of the reserved pasta cooking water.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Delicious. I used mild Italian sausage and bacon I had on hand. I doubled up on the lemon zest. We love lemon. Did have to use some of the pasta water. :)
Very good! This is so rich and tasty. I used hot sausage and pancetta. It is a very flavorful and filling dish.
This dish was easy to make and we liked it. I had never made a pasta sauce in this manner and was worried that it would be lumpy, but it turned out perfectly smooth. I added the salt and pepper to the pasta sauce rather than the meatballs and pancetta, and I was glad that I did it that way. Next time I will omit the lemon zest, which for our taste didn't complement the meatballs and pancetta. I would also increase the amount of sauce to 1 1/2 times or double. Thank you Lainey!