- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 2 quarts stock, homemade chicken, turkey, vegetable
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bunch kale, washed and chopped
- 4 cups cooked cannellini beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute crumbled sausage in oil until well browned. Set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic until translucent. Combine with stock in a large pot.
- Add wine and cook until alcohol has evaporated -- about ten minutes. Add thyme and kale. (6 sprigs fresh thyme can also be used).
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add sausage and beans and simmer another 15 minutes. Best with more wine and some nice crusty bread.