Recipe by LorenLou
Delicious with a hot cup of coffee! I believe this came from an Owens publication years ago!
- 1 lb uncooked breakfast sausage (prefer Owens "hot")
- 3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup coffee, strong black brewed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a tube pan well with cooking spray.
- Combine the sugar and sausage in a large bowl, mixing with your hands.
- Add the beaten egg .
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
- Combine about 1 Tablespoon of the flour mixture with the pecans and raisins, to dredge. Set aside.
- Add the flour mixture slowly to the sausage mixture, alternately with the strong black coffee.
- Add the vanilla; beat well.
- Add the dredged pecans and raisins, combining well.
- Pour into the greased tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.