Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
No one will ever believe that it contains "breakfast meat".
Make and share this Sausage Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh pork sausage
- 3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cold strong coffee
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup light cream
- Mix sausage with sugar.
- Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Add the baking soda to the coffee; stir mixture into sausage; mix well.
- Add the raisins, nuts, salt, flour and the spices; mix well. Batter will be stiff.
- Grease the sides of a 9" tube pan. Line bottom with waxed paper.
- Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 1 hour or until cake shrinks from sides of pan.
- Cool and frost with caramel frosting.
- CARAMEL FROSTING:.
- Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and light cream in a saucepan.
- Boil to the softball stage, 234 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer.
- Cool and beat until thick enough to spread on cooled cake.