Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my revised version of the boring hamburger, it has lots of flavor and even vegetables! Anyone who has ever has one asks me for the recipe so I figure I should post it. You can use any vegetables you want, we just like the onions and peppers.
- 2 lbs turkey or 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (doesn't matter what color)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoning (Mrs. Dash, cajun)
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs or 3 tablespoons cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- pound out desired sized patties.
- cook as you would a regular hamburger.
These were really good, though I cut back on the bell pepper and the salt by half. I used grass fed ground beef and hot italian chicken sausage, and loved the combination. I'll be making these again since the flavor is better than a 'regular' burger. Thanks for posting - made for Spring PAC 2011!